The fall of King Hani


Devin Hannay has been out of action since his loss to Ryan Garcia on April 20, and he still appears to be mentally recovering from the humiliation.

King’s Psyche

Former two-division world champion Devin (31-0, 15 KOs) had several opportunities to fight, but turned each one down, seemingly unworthy. Does Hanei still see himself as a king?

Does he think he’s too good for Teofimo Lopez, Sandor Martin and Liam Parro? These rejections of good, useful fights make no sense, especially with his need to redeem himself in the eyes of the fans.

Hanney made a fortune fighting Ryan, and surprisingly, he returned to the ring.

Stay busy options for Devin

– Teofimo Lopez
– Mario Barrios
– Connor Benn
– Jose ‘Rajo’ Velasquez
– Brian Norman Jr

His father, Bill Haney, talked about moving to The Hamptons in New York, home to CEOs and the Hollywood crowd. To afford life among the super-rich, Haney has to stay busy, struggling three to four times a year to raise enough money to buy an expensive mansion in this ultra-rich part of New York.

It shouldn’t be a big deal for him to lose to Ryan, as there are plenty of well-paying fights to keep him busy until Kingry’s one-year suspension ends in April 2025. In an interview last week, Ryan said he’s open to a rematch with by Hani. That could be much bigger if Hannay gets a win under his belt.

Teofimo Lopez revealed to the media that he offered Hanna 2.4 million dollars with a 55-45 split of the PPV money, and he declined. Unfortunately, it’s the first guy Hannay has turned down, and it makes you wonder if that loss to Ryan took a toll on him mentally.

The Ryan fight was a win for Hannay if he made a minor adjustment to take away his left hook. If he had neutralized that weapon, it would have been an easy victory for him.

Washed at 26?

The former lightweight king went from being seen as one of the best fighters in the sport to being seen as washed up overnight. Hannay, 26, could change that perception and show fans that his loss to Ryan was just an off night, a blip on the radar screen.

In the first round, Henny was caught by a big left hook from Ryan that staggered him, and he never recovered from the blow. Ryan was able to hurt Heaney repeatedly with his short left hooks for the rest of the fight, but he failed to make the necessary adjustments to not get hit with that jab.

“You have to ask him,” Ryan Garcia said media last week when asked if a rematch with Devin Hani would happen. “Run it the same way. Just a little more weight. I want a big fight. Anyone who will bring a big event. 140 or 147. That’s kind of what I’m looking at.”

YouTube videoYouTube video
https://vvv.youtube.com/vatch?v=lPuGVHsTMn0



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *